Wednesday, January 25, 2012
ASEAN Green Hotel recognition Award 2012
Environment friendly is that the main facet for assessment, as stipulated within the ASEAN Green Hotel commonplace document. The document includes variety of criteria and essential necessities as follows:
• Environmental policy and hotel operation activities
• Utilization and use of green products
• Cooperation with local community and organizations
• Human resources development
• Solid waste management
• Energy efficiency
• Water efficiency
• Water quality management (indoor and outdoor)
• Noise pollution control
• Waste water treatment and management
• Toxic and chemical substance disposal management
Competition in hospitality industry drove the issuance of Green Hotel Standard. Thus, the award aims to:
• Increase the environment awareness among hospitality businesses in the midst of global warming.
• Increase the competitiveness of hospitality businesses in increasing the number of guests.
• Improve the quality of service of all hotels in ASEAN to achieve ASEAN AS A SINGLE TOURISM DESTINATION.
Ten hotels proposed by Indonesia are:
Matahari Beach Resort & Spa Bali, Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel Bali, Holiday Inn Resort Batam, Angsana Bintan, Melia Benoa Bali, Losari Spa Retreat & Coffee Plantation, The St. Regis Bali Resort, Melia Bali Villa & Spa Resort, The Dharmawangsa Jakarta, Hotel Gran Melia Jakarta